RE: [dvd-discuss] DVD Editing

It would certainly be harder to edit in material
that is not on the DVD than it would be to create
an alternate playlist ignoring material that actaully
is there.

The only thing I can think of that might fall into
this category is the DVDs that come with "deleted
scenes".  As long as those are on the same DVD as
the movie itself (instead of on a second, "bonus
material" DVD) then you could create a playlist that
re-inserted those scenes into the movie.

Beyond that, there isn't much you could do w/o
actually burning NEW DVDs w/ your material-to-be-included
and that would clearly be a violation of copyright since
you would have to burn the base movie on it as well.

I _suppose_ you could come up w/ work-arounds such
as storing your material on a second disc and creating
a special movie player that worked with a playlist that
read from two DVD/CD drives ... if that approach was taken I
do not see that they could get you for violating anything
since the original DVD would be a) required; and b) unaltered.

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!