Re: [dvd-discuss] CA Supreme Court hears Pavlovich JurisdictionChallenge in DVDCCA case

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 16:43, Tom wrote:

> so the DVDCCA has an unwinnable case, unless their lawyers are
> extremely stupid (or just greedy), they know it - and still they push
> on. why? might it be that as long as the case is undecided, an
> atmosphere of uncertainty keeps their monopoly alive?

No, silly!  It's because the studios have so much more money
than the defense that they figure they can bankrupt them
before the case reaches checkmate.

--
| The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. |
| Because the slow, feeble old codgers like me cheat.                |