[dvd-discuss] Geeks in government: A good idea?

Has anyone read Declan McCullagh's latest article?  What do you think?  Should we throw in the towel and just code?  The one problem that I see with that is that the IP industry is locking down the lid so tight, that they will make it illegal to do what he suggests.  And with the Federal government's help, they will go after anyone that disobeys them like they are beginning to do with P2P or the other examples we have discussed here.

http://news.com.com/2010-1071-949275.html?tag=politech