RE: [dvd-discuss] Copyright ranges

Good questions, and important too.  Note, for example,
that "Joust" in particular is not abandoned.  Versions have
been created for the Color Gameboy, and now for the
Game Boy Advanced.  Some of the other old arcade games
have modern re-issuances ... but some don't, and are
unlikely to.  Moreover, depending upon the length of
time we settle on to indicate "abandoment" of the property
it might have even been too long for "Joust" to have
been kept in the back room ...

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!