Re: [dvd-discuss] Copyright ranges

Noah silva wrote:
> The years mentioned were years the document was copyrighted.  For example,
> I release my book, first edition, and copyright is 1998, then I release a
> 2nd edition, copyright 1999 - etc.  The duration would be from the latest
> date.
>
>  -- noah silva
>
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Thomas Olsson wrote:

Duration is from the death of the author.  The year only matters if it
is a corporate copyright.  In such cases, the duration would be from
original publication of the material.  Copyrightable changes would date
from their creation.  Thus a copyright stating 2000-2002 would mean that
some material is copyright 2000 some is copyright 2002 (good luck
figuring out which is which, though).