Re: [dvd-discuss] Copyright ranges

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:03:39AM -0400, Noah silva wrote:
> The years mentioned were years the document was copyrighted.  For example,
> I release my book, first edition, and copyright is 1998, then I release a
> 2nd edition, copyright 1999 - etc.  The duration would be from the latest
> date.

I take it there is no standard for how much has to change between editions
for it to qualify for a new copyright? Would correcting (or adding) a couple
of typos or replacing a couple of words with synonyms be sufficient?

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace"
(Michael Franti)