Re: [dvd-discuss] New DMCA case: ACLU sues filtering software maker N2H2

While it shows that the DMCA is not well written, the court can resolve this
quite simply. I'm certain that the court can rule that "Of course he can do
that under 1201(a), so 1201(b) does not apply in this instance for his nobel
purposes....now as for the rest of you filthy degenerate hackers...."

This leads to the "nickel and dime to death" strategy. Nobody can interpret the
law but lets keep a steady flow of cases to determine what hte interpretation
of Congress was rather than saying "look if we can't figure out out then
probably you didn't know what you were doing when you did it" The presumption
of the law that congress had some legal purpose in mind in enacting a law may
not be valid these days.