Re: [dvd-discuss]2600 DROPS DECSS APPEAL

More like a breach of the implied warrenty of merchantability as defined in the
UCC. Of course they can reply that it's all in the fine print of the EULA and
the on-line help of the laptop but not on the outside of the box.

I wonder how much of the legal community really understands that EULA,
shrinkwrap licenses etc make a mockery of contract law....or that the UCC was
designed for COMMERCIAL practices and not consumers. THe difference being that
in the commercial world one is expected, no required, to understand contract
law. Extending it down to the consumer is ridiculous.