Re: [dvd-discuss] "Consumer Benefits" of DRM solutions oversight hearing - witness list

At 12:18 AM 06/05/2002 -0700, Larry Blunk wrote:
>   The witness lists for today's House Judiciary committee's oversight
>hearing on "DRM: THE CONSUMER BENEFITS OF TODAY'S DIGITAL RIGHTS
>MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS" has been posted at
>http://www.house.gov/judiciary/courts060502.htm.  It is notably lacking
>in representation from actual Consumer groups.

But of course.  Who'd think of asking consumers what benefits them?

Actually, I listened in on a bit, and heard Zoe Lofgren raise that same
concern (and even state that fair use was a constitutional requirement of
the First Amendment!), so at least someone else noticed.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@seltzer.com
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School