Re: [dvd-discuss] RE: Perpetual Copyright via revision (was: Eldred Amicus)

On 1 Jun 2002 at 22:10, Ernest Miller wrote:

Date sent:      	Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:10:57 -0400
From:           	Ernest Miller <ernest.miller@aya.yale.edu>
To:             	dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
Subject:        	Re: [dvd-discuss] RE: Perpetual Copyright via revision (was:
Eldred
	Amicus)

> Make diff or delta files a requirement?

I've done and dealt with too many embedded systems over the years. I want an
explicit table! ..."We don't need no stinking diff or delta files!"

(The problem with delta files is when you start making deltas of deltas of
deltas of deltas....at some point errors occurs early in the delta chain and
you are totally screwed. A classic is the Volvo warehouse. After enough time
the occassional error in communications meant that the automated warehouse was
putting shipments in the wrong place...after even more time they couldn't find
anything.)