RE: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

I agree. This is ANOTHER problem with current copyright that needs to be
addressed eventually. I don't want to sound paranoid but I'm beginning to
wonder if the whole purpose of the last 26yrs of copyright reform really
hasn't been to create perpetual copyright and eliminate the public domain?

WRT to media-This is a serious problem and not just for motion pictures
and sound recordings. A few years ago I discovered compatibilities between
Office95 and Office97 (as well as Office2000). A documnent template
created in Word on a macintosh (originally but converted to PC later)
cases later versions of word to hang up (VB debugger shows a pointer going
out of bounds). About the same time I had to convert help a coworker
covert from multimate (and his 486 pc) to Office97  (and pentiumII). NO
conversion program exists anylonger in Office95. I would up finding
WordPerfect 4.0 and converting multimate to that which could be imported
into word. Since multimate (and word) stores the documents as a journal
file of entries and commands if you don't have the multimate parser, the
flat file is totally unusable. In his case, chapter 3 was before chapter 2
because that was the order he wrote them.

"D. C. Sessions" <dcs@lumbercartel.com>
05/30/2002 09:06 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss