Re: [dvd-discuss] Is a felt-tip pen a circumvention device?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:19:41PM -0700, James S. Tyre wrote:
> Sony Music Europe has taken the most aggressive anti-piracy stance in the
> business. Since last fall, the label has shipped more than 11 million
> copy-protected discs in Europe, with the largest proportion going to
> Germany, a market label executives claim is rife with illegal CD-burning.

It is. As a matter of fact, I know people who own (small) suitcases full
of self-burned CDs. They are DJs playing them in clubs who got tired of
lugging three times the number of CDs around because there's only one
or two good songs on most CDs anyways. Did I mention they own the
original CDs to the ones they burned?

The worst "pirates" are usually your best customers.

--
New GPG Key issued (old key expired):
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html