Re: [dvd-discuss]My apologies for HTML format

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 08:27:55PM -0700, microlenz@earthlink.net wrote:
> Hmmm....sounds as if there could be another use for the DMCA. Somebody writes a
> "FIXUPWINDOWS" which eliminates all this junk, deletes the useless stuff,
> patches the OS to look for things in the right places and strips out the DLLs
> that are really the only ones used...SO are they circumventing access controls
> to the Sacred Windows OS? You can bet that the Microsoft lawyers are probably
> working on that one....

nope, someone already did (it's called something with "light" -
win98light or so) and I don't remember them getting sued.

probably, in the light of the antitrust suit and M$ officials SWORN
TESTIMONY that this is impossible, they don't want to draw any
attention to this nifty little tool...

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>