Re: [dvd-discuss] Skipping commercials is theft.

John Schulien <jms@uic.edu> wrote:
>> JK: Because of the ad skips.... It's theft. Your
>> contract with the network when you get the
>> show is you're going to watch the spots.
>> Otherwise you couldn't get the show on an
>> ad-supported basis. Any time you skip a
>> commercial or watch the button you're actually
>> stealing the programming.
>
>Bovine Excrement.
>
>The only contract between the network and The
>People is in the form of the FCC license.
>

>That's the entire contract between his network and
>the People.  No part of this contract requires the
>People to sit through commercials if they don't want to.

You know.  This reminds me of the mid 1980s short lived TV
series Max Headroom.  I future where TVs don't have
off switches -- at least not legally.  [He probably thinks
hitting the mute, closing your eyes, or even turning off
the TV is a capitol offense.

BTW, Max Headroom series will be on Tech TV starting this Friday.
Base on what is happening now, it looks as if the creators of that
show had some insite into the future.

--
Jim Bauer, jfbauer@comcast.net