Re: [dvd-discuss] Microsoft Lies About Donating Computers

From the other side of the pond -
I am a governor of a school and we had some PCs donated by IBM (whose
research facility is nearby). We received the PCs without an operating
system.
I was under the impression that when, some 20 years gao, IBM developed the PC
they outsourced the operating system to a a young William Gates. There was a
later 'discussion' that all IBM clones should use MS DOS and Intgel chips. As
we know, there are various operating systems and chipsets.
So what?
If I do not accept the offer of a licence then I have no licence, there is no
contract.  In Europe it would be unfair competition to compel me to have a
licence that I neither wanted nor need. Would this be anti trust in USof A?
So Microsoft gets short shrift from me.
Carl Calvert
+44 (0)2380 864643
Calmore, Southampton, SO40 2SB, England