[dvd-discuss] I'm surprised no one's mentioned this from today's /.

"RIAA Wants Taxpayer-Funded IP Police"
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/26/1236245.shtml?tid=99

This is part of the other shoe dropping with the DMCA changing copyright
infringement from a civil to a criminal offense.  As we've seen with Dmitri,
now all large copyright holders have to do is "tip-off" the local authorities,
and let the legal system (and taxpayer) foot the bills.

Sigh.  What I'd like to see is short, fixed, registration required copyrights,
and copyright infringement return to civil court.  As we are likely to see
none of the above, I'm almost ready to toss the baby out with the bathwater.