RE: [dvd-discuss] How many bits is a technical protection measure?

The part that they are quoting doesn't say anything about the program.
It's really funny (or sad). Their C&D says "take your program down," but
their answer to why is "because the law says you can't disable our
client's protection measures." The arguement is flawed -- if they
called in the anti-trafficking rules, then maybe they'd have a
proper request to take the program down. Not that it'd be a reasonable
request, but at least they'd be citing the proper section of the law.
trafficking != circumventing.

Even a 5 year old program that is in wide distribution could have
trafficking halted, I think. (Can't be punished for pre-DMCA
transactions, but could be whacked for new ones).

-charlie