Re: [dvd-discuss] Dion's new CD crashing party for some users

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:30:05 -0500, "Arnold G. Reinhold" wrote:

>I'm saying that, as I read the law, Sony does not have a right to
>release media it knows will cause computers to crash. Not only are
>crashes inconvenient, they can corrupt file systems causing data
>loss.  Congress has made it a criminal offense to intentionally
>release a program or information that damages computers.  They have
>amended the law several times to extend it's reach. The courts have
>apparently said it applies even when the program  is merely being
>used to enforce contract rights.

note: Sony also has the option of releasing the music on mini-disc,
DAT, and/or Memory Stick if they don't want to put their customers'
time, data, and productivity at risk.

Or they could even introduce a new reader for these non-CDs.

7607 6FA2 6485 3707  42D1 99AD 7E20 52FD