[dvd-discuss] .002 Signoff...

To all my friends and foils on the dvd-discuss list:

I find that I need to focus on some other things right now and will be
unsubscribing tomorrow from dvd-discuss.  It has been my pleasure to
learn from all of you.  The abuse of (and abusive) copyright laws will
continue to be an issue for me professionally (as I have written about
the risks to technology companies and especially to emerging
technologies) but I will not be able to spend as much time on the
subject as I have in the past.

I'm unsubscribing as I appear to have no self-control when it comes to
pushing the "Reply" button when I read each or your interesting,
compelling, provocative, and insightful comments.

You can mail me at jzulauf, the 'at' sign, yahoo, a period, and com
(I'd like to see a spam bot try and parse that!)

Best Regards,

.002 -- Digital Agent

For the curious .002 is:

(a) upside down ZOO. (a longtime nickname) and a tribute to my Jr. High
science and math teacher Leo (.037) Christopherson from whom I learned
to program on Monroe-Litton desktop calculators (c.f. "we were so poor"
by M Python) and learned to love science and math fiction -- everyone
should have a great teacher like that.

(b) A lame 007 allusion (cross bred with the #2 of 'the prisoner') with
the weak joke of being a digital (as opposed to secret) agent.  (and a
final "Touring Test" twist... am I a person or a digital agent)

(c) the name of my defunct (hibernating?) consulting company (using my
SGI O2 when it was new)

(d) and the serial number of my Marimba Lumina
http://www.multimedia.nearfield.com/ML25/index.htm

all of which is probably more than you wanted to know -- but what would
be an .002 post without excess verbosity.