RE: [dvd-discuss] Teach ACT OF2001 -NOTHING to do with Teachingbut DMCATothe Classroom

I have a bigger problem with this:

       (C) the transmission is made solely for, and, to the extent
   technologically feasible, the reception of such transmission is limited
   to--
       (i) students officially enrolled in the course for which the
   transmission is made;

Where I went to school (CMU) it wasn't entirely un-common for students
to sit in on classes that they weren't officially in/had no requirement
to be in/didn't have time to do the work for and would find it quite
useful to have the course materials other than the text books available
online. Not to mention sitting in just for lectures of interest and/or
guest speakers. Why should the government have the power to regulate who
has access to the resources of a private educational institution? If the
school has no objections to non-students (or students not in that course)
sitting in on the classes, why should the government stop them?

-Charlie