Re: [dvd-discuss] 4 Studios to Issue Films in a High-End Video Format

Sham Gardner writes:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:30:40PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > Ernest Miller writes:
> >
> > > Does anybody know anything about the digital rights management scheme used?
> > [in SVHS decks]
> >
> > For various reasons, I'm pretty confident that it is HDCP (5C).
> >
> > I don't know anything about whether HDCP or CPRM is built into the
> > SVHS format itself or only these particular manufacturers' products.
>
> Ernest's post doesn't mention SVHS, that's an analogue format and certainly
> doesn't have CPRM built into it. The format in question here is supposedly
> digital.

I'm just making errors left and right here today. :-)

That's true.  I think I'm thinking of DVHS.  I could plead "S" and "D"
being next to each other on the keyboard, but really I need to pull
out a piece of paper and make that big "DRM Roadmap" I've been
planning.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen@loyalty.org> | Reading is a right, not a feature!
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   |                 -- Kathryn Myronuk