Re: [dvd-discuss] New Video on demand DVD (ie. pay per view)

I can only hope that they send one to me without me saying anything: I'll
find out if a license agreeement trumps Idaho Code 28-2-239.  I think that
"unconditional gift" ruins licensure...  Here's a bit of homework: look up
if your state has a similar law...  Californians look to section 1584.5 of
your Civil Code...  I have a licenseless CueCat because of that law.  It
was sent to all Wired customers without their knowledge, so the intended
recipient gave it to me just as unconditionally: being a Linux user, I
never broke the seal on the program, but I doubt it would have stood up in
court anyhow, unconditional means unconditional :)

--
 Customer:  "I'm running Windows '98"      Tech: "Yes."      Customer:
   "My computer isn't working now."     Tech: "Yes, you said that."