RE: [dvd-discuss] [openlaw] Government takes more extreme lineinsecond"Eldred" case

In the case of multiple authors it's the death of the last one I believe.
As for the company going under, presumably the intellectual property is
part of its assets that get sold off in bankruptcy...but you raise a
REALLY tantalizing question about intellectual property that is not
accounted for and gets lost in the bankruptcy proceedings [oops accidents
do happen]? Furthermore, assume the company stays solvent for 120+ yrs.
How many companies actually keep records that long? Or keep the same
names, divisions or what? I wish the boneheads that propose or even
advocate such a term be forced to address the issue"how does one
administer something that long?"

"Ballowe, Charles" <CBallowe@usg.com>
01/11/02 10:05 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss