RE: [dvd-discuss] Draft of upcoming article

It might be nice to add on a section that covers the
remedy suggested time and time again.  To "fix" the
DMCA (or at least a 90% fix) would require the addition
of five words: "for purposes of copyright infringement".

That is "No person shall circumvent a technological measure"
should be "No person shall circumvent a technological measure
for purposes of copyright infringement".

That, and the "trafficking" sections ... after all, if you
can legitimately bypass a technological measure for fair
use purposes, then the tools used to accomplish this must
be available.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!