Re: [dvd-discuss] DeCSS - the saga continues

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:39:41PM -0800, James S. Tyre wrote:
> 2. Whether the issuance of a preliminary injunction to
> stop the dissemination on the Internet of a computer program that
> knowingly contains stolen trade secrets violates the First Amendment."

which they still have to prove. I for one, wasn't aware of either Jon
nor the "trade secret" status before they hit me with their laughable
injunction attempt.

plus - shouldn't the court be able to throw out a requested injunction
if the relief thought is entirely inefficient? such as getting a TRO in
a california court against 500+ people worldwide? no matter how large
the notions of grandieur, the court should realize that its ruling will
never be enforced in even a majority of the countries involved.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>