RE: [dvd-discuss] Nutty art laws (CRRA) about resale of art.

My initial reaction is "bullshit". Writing laws to benefit a few artists
does not enrich society  but does enrich those few pitiful souls who
believe art is an investment. For those and their brokers, I can't
wait for the next price crash ($40M for Van Goghs Sunflowers
pretty much soured my appreciation for that work). Why $1000 as
the price break. Last I checked Peter Max was going for $3K in
San Diego. Better to go around the corner to the artists colony
better work and better prices.

Before I begin discussing your post in detail, I believe I should
present my own credentials..to head off an adhominem argument
about not understanding poor sensitive artists. My Mother is a
commercial artist, illustrator,and watercolorist. The latter she's
been doing all her life. That first two she only started nearly 30 yrs
ago. Has she exhibited-yes. Published -yes. well known -no.
<shameless commercial plug here- anyone interested in amateur
opera productions should look for the book she illustrated on
costumes for them. It should be out sometime soon >. My brother
is a professional photographer. I'm a semi-professional
photographer-I have done professional work but it's not my main
line (I do landscapes, abstraction but my brother seems to be able
to people shots that I can't figure out how he gets them.). ANd I
won't go into my friends, friends of friends who are artists.

OK having put this forth....into it...