[dvd-discuss] Must Copyright terms be uniform?

> I'm an engineer; I had a easier time with
> string theory than following the reasoning
> behind this decision (and many others).
> Maybe I need to go to law school to learn
> how to string together irrational and
> illogical ideas ;-)

It's very easy.  You start with the conclusion
you want, then work backwards until you find
something superficially resembling the facts
of the case.

If the other side happens to present a
detailed, coherent argument that you can't
refute, dismiss it as "pure sophistry" and
move on.