Re: [dvd-discuss] Implied License to Watch the Movie

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Michael A Rolenz wrote:

> Even the phrase "for home viewing only" sometimes needs interpretation.
> Somebody my mother knows made a big deal about having 10 or so people show
> up at somebody's house to watch a video tape of Christmas Story that
> somebody else brought to the house. When he heard about it he made a lot
> of noise that it was commercial viewing and they weren't licensed to show

lol... was your mother charging for admission?  Even if I invite my 1000
closest friends, I don't think it's commercial unless I charge.  It isn't
public unless I allow anyone/everyone in.

In a related matter, I read the other day that all public buildings should
have wheel-chair accessible entrances.  Since a lot of people visit me, do
i have to... he he

 -- noah silva