Re: [dvd-discuss] Bunner wins DeCSS trade secret appeal

If you publish something, it doesn't qualify for trade secret status
then.  If you copyright something, you've just published it - anybody can
walk into the copyright office and read it.  You can't apply for trade
secret protection on a book, etc., and it doesn't make sense to apply for
trade secret on software itself.

  -- noah silva