Re: [dvd-discuss] Bunner wins DeCSS trade secret appeal

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 03:38:57PM -0500, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> PDF Opinion: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/documents/H021153.PDF

I noticed that the opinion involves pointing out a spelling error on
the part of the lower court.  (It's of 'license'.)  Is this normal
procedure for appellate opinions, or is this a suggestion of
disrespect to the lower court's opinion?  Given the things they said
about the opinion, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Could a real lawyer clear this up?

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss