Re: [dvd-discuss] Ani Rocks. [tangential]

In a related thread:
I bought about a year ago (in japan) this new PDA (Sharp Zauris
MI-E1).  It can [among other things] play MP3 audio and MPEG4 video.  I
noticed it can take two types of add-in cards:
a.) Compact Flash (memory, modem, ethernet, or hard drive)
b.) SD-RAM/MMC (only memory).

SD-RAM wasn't to be found at all in the US when I got it, and now you can
find it for some of the newer Palms.  SD-RAM stands for "Secure Digital",
so I was a bit wary it would be some BS like sony's "MagicGate" memory
stick.

Actually the Zaurus disables the "SD" features he he ;)  You can copy any
normal mp3 onto it (you can mount the card as a normal drive with a PCMCIA
adaptor in windows or linux) and play it with no problems.

they are releasing a similar model (with a different [linux based] OS,
processor, and english interface though) in the US sometime before X-mas.

  -- noah silva