Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Dean Sanchez wrote:
> > Of course this analogy doesn't hold up because ISPs are not yet
> > recognized as public utilities.
>
> Network Service Providers and many ISPs qualify as common carriers for
> most transactions.

There is not one ISP in the USA which is a common carrier.
Common-carrier  status is not something that just happens;
it results from explicit action.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+