Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: [DMCA_discuss] Linux kernel securityfixescensored by the DMCA

Stephen L Johnson wrote:

> After reading your post, I'm started to get worried about legal liability
> myself. I administer a lot of *NIX systems including a lot of e-mail servers.
> It's quite a nightmare possibility.

I would think that whatever authority to access user files as needed for
administrative purposes (archival backup, virus scanning, whatever) is
granted by the user in any subscription to a service.  However, it is
the tools and instructions needed to do our jobs and the ability to
publish those tools and information that are at risk.

Remember IANAL.

Wendy, Jim... can you allay our friends fears? (or mine?)

.002