Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

On Thursday 18 October 2001 18:26, you wrote:
> Slightly off topic, but this will probably interest people here.
>
> The EFF came out with its position on anti-spam blacklisting:
> http://www.eff.org/effector/current.html#II
>
> "Email is protected speech. There is a fundamental free speech right to be able
> to send and receive messages, regardless of medium. Unless that right is being
> abused by a particular individual, that individual must not be restricted. It
> is unacceptable, then, for anti-spam policies to limit legitimate rights to
> send or receive email. To the extent that an anti-spam proposal, whether legal
> or technical, results in such casualties, that proposal is unacceptable."

The EFF seems to be having a difficulty telling the difference between your
right to free speech and my obligation to publish your words.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+