Re: [dvd-discuss] Hackers = terrorists, an analysis

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, John Zulauf wrote:
> (a) the gov't will be seeking to exercise its "full constitutional
> powers" but not beyond

Well, look at the courts that will be hearing challenges to their
powers... they're completely sympathetic to whatever the execs and
legilators want.

Remember, it's only unconstitutional if the high court says so.

> (b) that gov't understands that preemptive actions to stop terror
> actions before they happen "may mean that we cannot prosecute the case
> criminally" -- indicating that while the FBI et. al. has seemed a bit
> sloppy about the "admissibility" restrictions on evidence gathering in
> the post 9/11 aftermath they are doing this with full understanding of
> the trade off of prevent terror acts v. prosecutability...

Do you realize how much WORSE this is?

This means that they'll use ILLEGAL means to gather data (read: spy) on
citizens under the pretext of "stopping terrorist activity before it
happens".  And, like in Philly and everywhere else where major protests
have taken place in this country this past decade, they'll arrest people
and throw them in jail WITH NO INTENT OF EVER BEING ABLE TO PROSECUTE.

Welcome to the police state.

You may be arrested at any time, for any reason... but we might not ever
actually charge you with anything... and if we do, it'll probably just get
thrown out when the judge sees it.  That means you're free!

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin