Re: [dvd-discuss] Fwd: Bush taps Clarke as CyberdefenseChief

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:32:02AM -0400, Noah silva wrote:
> Clearly, people don't understand something here ;)

we do. the point was that there are two movements towards doom here:

a) M$'s ridiculous "security" concepts and even worse implementations
b) the outlawing of real crypto.

because while M$ will spin its Xor as "encryption" in marketing, it
will surely argue that "it's not *actually* encryption, is it?" when it
comes to deciding that question in court because of some moronic
"anti-terrorism" law. so we get encryption that is not really more
secure than plaintext while real encryption is illegal.

is having a clue a capital crime within 100 miles of washington dc?

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org