Re: [dvd-discuss] Used and Rental CD's.

I haven't seen a 300yrs old CD or a 300yr old expert yet.....also that
assumes the CD is kept in nice envirionments, not scratched up too
much.... Old films were shot on nitrocellulose stock rather than the
"safety" stock used today. I don't remember if it was in the 40s or 50s
but there was a tremendous vault fire which destroyed hundreds of films
because after a couple of decades the nitrocellulose tended to degrade and
spontaneously combust. BTW this is another counter argument to thenotion
that studios, record companies etc will be able to keep things around
until they enter the public domain.

Noah silva <nsilva@atari-source.com>
09/27/01 07:58 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss