RE: [dvd-discuss] ClearChannel Plays It Safe

\

> I guess you're just one of those people that think the 9th amendment
> has no meaning.  I argue that one of the unenumerated rights is the
> right to transmit RF energy (within some bounds just like free speach
> has its limits). Also the right to receive RF energy if it is incident
> upon you. So for me, it is a constituional .

You may as well declare that it is your right to drive on the
left side of the road.  I'll grant that you have the right to
travel freely within and between the states, and that the 9th
amendment could be used to back that up ... but there are nonetheless
some rules on _how_ you may go about it.

Similarly, you may have the right to transmit RF energy ... but
there are some rules you must follow in order to do so in harmony
with your neighbors.  The FCC is the body set in place to arbitrate
those rules.  (Now this brings into question whether congress can
delegate it's responsibilities ... I believe that it should be
responsible for passing each and every regulation itself ... but
that is a separate issue ...)

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!