RE: [dvd-discuss] ClearChannel Plays It Safe

That comes back to the "free market" axiom of capitalism. If there is a
market for something and enough people use that market, then that will
shift the market in that direction. The problem with monopoly, trust,
cartel, etc is that there is either no free market or a severely
restricted one and that violates the free market axiom. One radio station
manager making that decision is one thing, thousands of managers doing it
collectively but independently is another and thousands doing it by
central dictum is something entirely different.

OTOH, at Dr. Goebbels discovered a long long time ago in a place not so
far far away, control of the information market is a requirement for
shaping opinion, for stifling dissent and ultimately persecution of those
who do not agree.

"Ballowe, Charles" <CBallowe@usg.com>
09/18/01 08:57 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss