From Harvard Open Access Project
Revision as of 09:10, 23 June 2017 by WikiSysop
- This is the home page of TagTeam.
- Suggested short URL for this page = bit.ly/tagteam-harvard
- TagTeam is an open-source tagging platform and feed aggregator developed for the Harvard Open Access Project (HOAP) at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society under the direction of Peter Suber.
- In addition to ordinary social tagging and bookmarking, TagTeam supports tag contributions from multiple platforms ("interoperable tagging"), the evolution of standard tag vocabularies ("folksonomy in, ontology out"), and boolean feed aggregation ("remix feeds"). Every tag and search publishes a feed in RSS, Atom, and JSON. TagTeam can subscribe to feeds from other platforms, and remix them with its own feeds. It stores all its tag records for deduping, export, preservation, modification, and search.
- The Harvard instance of TagTeam is limited to academic or research projects, and now available for open, tag-based research projects on any topic. Because the code is open, anyone may host other instances of TagTeam elsewhere.