RE: [dvd-discuss]Reasonable or is it a Good Faith Belief ala DMCA

... and that's why RIAA is filing subpoenas;  each assigned dynamic IP is
associated and logged with username and date/time at the ISP servers.

Of course, the burden of proof lies then on you as the defendant.  And how
will you proof you are innocent?  They can haul in your PC with all the data
and start looking and fishing for evidence to make their case.  You can
claim the log file should show any activity you are accused of; but then
they will counter: what log file; and if the log does not show your file
sharing of copyrighted titles that would not proof you didn't do it!

(Quite similar to the "Patriotic Acts", come to think of it: guilty until
proven innocent; and then, again, you must be guilty somehow, otherwise you
wouldn't be accused by the industry or the administration in the first
place! Right?  Somehow a scenario it reminds me of the novel and movie
"Brazil" -- which was somehow inspired by the methods of the GeStaPo in the
Thrid Reich.)

Enjoy,
   jm.