Re: [dvd-discuss] Mobile phone cameras used for Digital shoplifting?

I would have thought that sending the photos via cell phone would increase
sales of the magazine, rather than decrease sales!

I wonder if there is any tangible evidence that this behavior really hurts
magazine sales, or if this is another case of "piracy" being
used as a means to blame the customer  for a failure to sell product. It seems
to me that there was a time
when something like this would have been  thought of as free advertising for
the magazine, rather than "piracy."  But
the unchecked rise of intellectual property law seems to have criminalized many
behaviors which otherwise resemble sharing.

Regards,

Glendon Gross