Re: [dvd-discuss] Reason magazine: patents and copyrights are superfluous

All of which becomes self limiting if the term is short...."Fifty is nifty but
28 is great"

At this point maybe copyright should be for the lifetime of the author provided
he keeps the copyright and that he can only lease it for a fixed term of say 7
years. If he sells it it becomes a mere commodity and expires at the end of 28
years.

I'm afraid that there will be no copyright reform until the copyright holders
BEG for 50 flat and settle for 28yrs. Intellectual property has become
intellectual slavery...