RE: [dvd-discuss] clean flicks and moral rights

Yeah.  The end result may be similar, but the
mechanism used to create the "clean" version is
so fundamentally different that even if they can
quash the ones doing editing, they might not be
able to do anything about the one implemented as
an aftermarket add-on which leaves the original
completely unchanged.

> additionally one could imagine "highlightware" that
> would jump only to the chase scenes, cool CG animation
> or whatever the viewer wanted to focus on.

Someone already mentioned wanting to watch just the
fight scenes in "The Matrix" . . . I can imagine similar
alternate playlists being popular for, say, Jackie Chan
flicks . . . call it "coolware" instead of "highlightware".

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!