RE: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?

Let's turn this around, now.  There is a lot of discussion regarding people that have paid for the software and then have problems because of the activation scheme.  From what I have read at a number of sites, the company is pretty much saying "Tough. Buy another copy if this one doesn't work".  Their attitude is if it doesn't work, you don't own it to begin with.

See the article at
http://news.com.com/2100-1017-979357.html

and numerous user comments at Amazon, etc.

I have been a purchaser and user of TurboTax since the DOS days and have had it reinstall it to revise filings and for audit purposes.  However, I don't want to get stuck in the future with a piece of software that I have paid for and can't use.  So it looks as if this year I will be moving to TaxCut.