Re: [dvd-discuss] COMDEX speech

THe copyright clause does not EXIST for the purpose of maximizing profits. Maximizing profits is a consequence of the monopoly granted but not the reason for its existance. To state that the copyright clause exists to maximize profits is counter to the Constitutional phrase "promote science and the arts...". IN some ways that is the whole crux of Eldred. The governments is arguing profits and Eldred is arguing promoting.

You'll get no argument from me that a work distributed with a DRM is not copyrighted....I think I advanced that argument earlier.

"Steve Hosgood" <steve@caederus.com>

11/21/2002 02:59 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss