Re: [dvd-discuss] Hacking requires search warrant -- ruling

I'm missing the part were they negotiate _for_ the gov't.  They are the
gov't appointed negotiators for _all_ copyright holders (in the webcast
compromise law just passed), but that seems materially different from
negotiating for the gov't.  Nothing in the current laws seems to include
any gov't interest (such as the public good) even as a consideration of
the negotiation of royalties and fees.  The gov't just has required the
webcasters to (a) pay royalties and (b) pay whatever the RIAA
specifies.

Or am _I_ missing something? (It certainly wouldn't be a first.)

.002

"Few grammatical errors are as embarrassing as not finishing a"
	-- .002