Re: [dvd-discuss] Copyright Office to Consider Anticircumvention Exemptions

I don't know if I believe that they're strictly limiting themselves to
classes of works because of the wording of the #2 exemption:

     (2) Literary works, including computer programs and databases,
protected by access control mechanisms that fail to permit access
because of malfunction, damage or obsoleteness."

I could copy that style and say

     (x) Literary works protected by access control mechanisms that deny
access due to the user's location or region.
or
     (y) Literary works protected by access control mechanisms that deny
access because of reasons other than the user's posession of a legal copy
of the work.