Re: [dvd-discuss] Distribution (Was: Eldred Being Argued Today)

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 11:12:34AM +0200, Tom wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:35:39PM -0700, D. C. Sessions wrote:
> > One of the arguments that the Cartel advanced today (IIRC and
> > IIUC) was that without exclusive distribution rights, nobody
> > would distribute the old material at all.
>
> Uh, am I just being dense or is that the most stupid argument they can
> make given the fact that the very case is about someone wanting
> to do exactly that?

Not to mention that they're constantly complaining about their works being
distributed by people who are explicitly prohibited from doing so.

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace"
(Michael Franti)