RE: [dvd-discuss] Christian Science Monitor Article on Digital Copyring

Well, don't get _too_ down on those greedy moguls.  Greed, when it comes
down to it, is what motivates us all.  I enjoy programming, but I _need_ to be
paid for it because I have a wife & son & a mortgage.  So if those "greedy"
moguls don't think they will be able to make any $$$ they may not make
any films and then where would you be?

That said, they're going about it all wrong (as they always have).  Every
technical advancement has been greeted with "oh, it will destroy the
entertainment industry" but after they figured it out they ended up making
more money than before.  We've just got to kick 'em in the a$$ until
they figure out that this is just the SSDD.

As far as your patented rice, you're not too far off.  The real patented
crop is genetically modified rapeseed (also known as canola), the laywers
belong to Monsanto, and the farmer is Percy Schmeiser.

http://ens.lycos.com/ens/apr2001/2001L-04-03-01.html

The real problem is that he never _wanted_ the modified rapeseed.  He
makes his living w/ _organic_ rapeseed, so the Monsanto crop, when
it cross-pollinated in his fields actually _destroyed_ the value of his
own crop!

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!